What is Permutation?
A Permutation is the arrangement of “n-distinct” objects taken “r” at a time without regard given to the other of the arrangement.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel so as not to miss a tutorial video.
A Combination is the selection of “n-different” objects taken “r” at a time with attention given to the order of arrangement. (kindly use the comment box below to ask a question).
Questions on Permutation and Combination
- Evaluate the following
- Evaluate these
- In how many ways can twelve mathematics textbooks be arranged in a bookshelf taking two at a time?
- Five people attended a send-off party. If there are five seats, in how many ways could they be seated if they sit anyhow?
- In how many ways five identical physics textbooks, four chemistry textbooks, and two biology textbooks can be arranged?
- A committee comprises of three male and two female students are to be formed out of eight male and female students available. How many such committees could be formed.
- The Rector, her female secretary and five senior principal officers of the college were invited to a meeting. In how many ways can they be seated if;
- They can sit anyhow?
- The rector must seat next to her secretary?
- If there are ten men, seven women, six boys, and six girls. A committee consisting of five men, three women, two boys, and two girls is to be constituted. How many such committees could be formed if;
- There is no restriction?
- One man and one woman must be included?
- One man and one girl must be excluded?
- One woman and two boys must be included?
- In how many ways can ten different books be arranged on a bookshelf taking three at a time?
- A family has seven males and three female children. In how many ways can five males and two female children be selected to represent the family?
Other Mathematics Questions
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Set Theory
- Empirical Probability
- Integration & Vector Algebra