AREA OF CONCENTRATION (AOC) ON HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (HCM)
Be able to differentiate between each of them with a concrete and eye-catchy definition.
What is Human Capital?
- Functions of HCM.
- Importance of HCM.
- Objectives of HCM.
- Qualities of HCM.
- Factors that determine compensation.
- Importance of compensation to employees.
What is Man Power Planning?
Define Recruitment and Selection?
- Explain the types of recruitment and outline 5 sources each.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the types of recruitment.
- Outline the steps in selection.
- Explain the types of interview.
- Mention 5 selection criteria.
What is Trade Union?
- Outline 5 roles or functions of trade union.
What is Industrial Relations?
- Explain who the actors in an industrial relations are.
- Objectives of industrial relations.
- Outline 5 importance of motivation.
- Mention 5 motivation theories and their founders and write short notes on them.
Write short notes on the following…
- Group interview.
- Stress interview.
- Fringe Benefit.
- Employee Discipline.
- Content Theory.
- Process Theory.
- Job Analysis.
- Job Description.
- Job Specification.
- Job Evaluation.
- Structured Interview.
- Unstructured Interview.
Define Training and Development?
- Distinguish between them.
- Enumerate their importance.
- Explain 5 reasons that necessitate training and development.
Define Employee Discipline?
- State 5 basic principles of discipline in an organization.
- State 10 acts of indiscipline in an organization.
What is Industrial Conflict?
- Explain 5 causes of Industrial Conflict.
- Discuss the methods of conflict resolution in an organization.
- What is Job Evaluation?
- Step in Job Evaluation.
- Importance of Job Evaluation.
- Problems of Job Evaluation in an organization.
- Job Interview.
- Types of Job Interview.
- Importance of Job Interview.
- Assessment method during interviews.
USE YOUR TEXTBOOK AS A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION AND STUDY GUIDE ON THIS TOPIC.